Lately I've been fascinated by the look and feel of panoramas. In the past week, I've given myself a tour of Seattle from every angle. Exploring places I've never been or just pulling off the road and stopping to actually take in and appreciate a view that I have seen and taken for granted so many times before. As I stood there on the side of the road, camera perched on tripod, I tried to picture in my mind the best way to capture what I was looking at. A standard image of the Columbia Tower or The Space Needle just wouldn't do it. I had to spend some time on it and take many shots which I would later stitch into a panorama in order to convey to someone looking at the print what it actually feels like to stand in that very spot. I feel like panoramas present an image more closely representing what the human eye sees than your standard cameras aspect ratio, yielding more pleasing and encompassing pictures.
Taken from the West Seattle Bridge overlooking the Port of Seattle
Cloudy summer morning in West Seattle
Seattle as seen from Beacon Hill
View from Gasworks Park

On a summer night that started out with clear skies, I waited for the clouds to roll in to maximize the reflections of the lights off the water.
I-5 is still busy in the late night hours as viewed from Beacon Hill



I LOVE the beacon hill photos Mike! Makes me want to move home :D
ReplyDelete